WASH YOUR HANDS
The best way to help you stay healthy is by washing your hands. Here’s how to do it.
- First, wet your hands with clean water. Turn off the tap and apply soap.
- Make sure to get the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Singing “Happy Birthday” twice while washing would help with timing.
- Rinse your hands under running water, air dry or use a clean towel.
- In case you don’t have soap, you can use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, mouth and face.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have symptoms, first thing to do is to isolate yourself in your home in order to protect others.
- Isolate yourself.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Observe your symptoms and if they get worse, contact your doctor.
- Use your own bathroom, if possible.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Get rid of tissue and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect the surfaces you use.
- Don’t share items such as towels, bedding, dishes with other people in your house.
- Frequently wash your laundry.
- Wear a mask when you have people around in order to protect yourself and others. If you have breathing difficulties while wearing a mask make sure caregivers wear one around you.
- If you don’t have a mask make one from a garment like a scarf.
- Don’t use public transportation such as taxi, subway or bus.
- Make sure you have a household member or friend who will pick up the grocers or prescriptions for you.
Monitor your COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days in case you suspect you have the virus, have been around someone who has tested positive for it, or you’ve been diagnosed.
- If you have observed any symptoms such as persistent chest pain or pressure; extreme difficulty breathing; severe, constant dizziness or lightheadedness; slurred speech; and difficulty waking up first thing to do is to find emergency care.
- If you noted that your symptoms worsen, you have to call your doctor to update them and they will give you next instructions.
- Keep contact information of your medical provide with you in the event of emergency.
- Keep a note of your symptoms, including your temperature.
Social distancing helps to stop the spread as the main way COVID-19 spreads is between people
- Try to avoid physical contact with other people as much as you can.
- Stay at least 2 meters away from people when outside your home.
- Do not invite guests over to your house and do not attend any crowded events.
- Try to avoid large groups.
- In case you feel sick, stay home.
CLEAN & DISINFECT SURFACES
Regularly clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces
- Commonly used surfaces like tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, and sinks should be routinely cleaned and disinfected. In case you have a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, be vigilant about doing this daily.
- First, clean the surfaces with soap and water. That will remove the dirt but will not kill germs.
- To kill germs, you need to disinfect surfaces after cleaning.
- Wear dedicated gloves for COVID-19 related cleaning and disinfecting or use disposable gloves and discard them after each use.